Monday, October 12, 2009

Video from the March on Washington

Watch more AOL News videos on AOL Video



This raw video is courtesy of AP.

I wasn't able to attend the march, but I did listen to Obama's speech to HRC on a live CNN broadcast. I was very moved and proud as I listened to it over the radio with my partner. Afterward, however, the speech felt - empty. The speech was sharply delivered, yet ultimately Obama said nothing new. I want to hope. Maybe the passage of the hate-crimes legislation, once that vote is finalized, will shine a brighter light on things. But hate crimes legislation can't be enough. We have to continue to hold Obama's -- and the rest of the democrats' -- feet to the fire. The must move forward on the promises they made to us, and not just the small, easiest ones.

To those who marched today, thank you.

No comments: